New Year, New Me! Except...Hell no...by Camille Richard


No diet this year. No resolution. No rules. No guilt. No getting ‘back on track’.

2019 will be about self-love. It will be about dreaming wild. It will be about achieving goals one step at a time, about creating a lifestyle that makes you feel good, about protecting your space. It will be about finding your purpose and living out your passion.

See, I don't buy into the whole bullshit of marketing. Remember, they are only trying to make money off your insecurities. I won't be buying a new gym membership, I won't be changing my look, I won't be going out to party more.

No, I will do exactly what I did last year. I will survive, I will thrive, I will love.
You just have to keep going one foot after the other. Appreciate the hard parts, cry if you need to. Be grateful for what do you have. Avoid comparisons, avoid negative self-talk. Stop saying should and shouldn’t. Stop saying you messed up and you failed. You didn’t, you tried and you learned.

Start each day like a fresh new beginning, wait...scrap that actually. Because even if your morning royally sucks, you can still turn around at 7 pm and decide to finish it with a smile on your face. Every hour is a new opportunity. It’s not because you had that one step back that now you should throw all your progress away. Recovery is not perfect. You will fall. The important part is getting back up.

We are always trying to run after everything, well what if this year you just slow down? Enjoy the moment, be present. Breathe for God's sake. You're not underwater. Unclench your jaw, stretch. Make self-love and self-care your #1 priority. Get rid of toxic people.

We are always so tensed and scared. No need to go big or go home. You can sit and enjoy your cup of tea.  If you're not happy with where you are, no need to change your life drastically. No need to quit your job and go live in a foreign country. You just need to be aware and to decide to change.
Just make a little move.
Just believe in yourself.
Just reach out. And be honest. Ask for help.

Here are two questions to help you direct your day with intention :
1- What do I want? What do my heart truly desire?
2 - What do I need? What is essential for me to be well?


To learn more about Camille and her mental health and self-love coaching, follow her @braveandhopeful on Instagram and Facebook.


Comments